Skip to content
Return to Job Listings
Kitchen Production Manager
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: Kitchen Production Manager
Responsible for managing kitchen production effectively while adhering to company standards in work flow efficiency, employee management, inventory control, sanitation protocol and fiscal responsibility. This person is the direct liaison between ownership and the production kitchen staff. Salaried position, commensurate with experience.
- Opening and closing the facility. Light ‘set up’ of space/internal inventory to make sure all equipment and tools are in working order to effectively complete the daily tasks.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Monitor chemical program
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of raw fruits and vegetables
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Daily troubleshooting (produce on hand/equipment in working order/appropriate staffing/product order questions/structural issues that may arise)
- Understand production flow and be able to communicate to MDARD/FDA inspectors and follow all MDARD, FDA and HACCP guidelines
- Communicate directly with ownership and any in house managers. Effectively give direction, listen to and act accordingly on employee feedback
- Responsible for managing production strictly within company time and financial constraints
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Ability to interact with and directly manage 12+ employees on any given shift in order to ensure complete safety and sanitation protocols are being carried out by all employees and managers
- Participate in and direct sanitation to ensure SSOP, GMP, HACCP quality and Food Safety Standards are completely adhered to throughout the facility
- Daily performing inspections of plant, equipment and environment to assess cleanliness
- Participating in third party inspections
- Understand Organic Certification demands and upkeep
- Conducting weekly meetings with the staff and upper management/ownership to ensure continuous improvement
- Confer with HR to resolve worker progress, problems, complaints, grievances and turnover
- Follow DROUGHT protocols and execute and honor DROUGHT Employee Handbook rules
What we are looking for:
- FULL-TIME AVAILABILITY, including weekends.
- 3+ years of managerial experience in a kitchen or food production environment
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to improvise, communicate, follow-up and take direction well
- Supervisory experience including training, coaching and team building.
- Experience in GMPs, SSOPs, SQF and process controls programs
- HACCP experience preferred
- ServSafe certification mandatory with expectation of completing additional necessary certification at company request and expense
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and willingness to continue education on sanitation and processes related to raw food production
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with budgets, inventory controls and organizational duties
- Willingness to move about throughout your shift/on your feet for all duties
- Working a quick pace. This position will require you to be on your feet for entire hour; lifting up to 50 lbs and able to work in a cold packing facility
- Self-starters with positive attitudes. Maintain the operation as if it were your own
Panther James, LLC, dba DROUGHT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DROUGHT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DROUGHT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DROUGHT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.